WORK DAYS IN TRENTON GA Tuesday, May 17 and Saturday, May 21
Several folks have been asking how they might respond to the needs of those affected by the Tornados a couple of weeks ago. This week we will be joining Chuck Griffin in Trenton, GA to do just that. If you are available either one or both of these days, please contact Anne Rex (revmom8 null@null hotmail NULL.com) ASAP to get signed up.
If you are unable to attend, there are other ways you can help:
- Financial donations (make checks payable to Fields Chapel and marked #3740 North Georgia Conference Disaster Relief)
- Continue to check the news page at www.ngumc.org (http://www NULL.ngumc NULL.org/) or www.facebook.com/ngaumc (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/ngaumc) for the latest information.
- Health Kits (see details below)
- 1 hand towel 15” x 25” to 17”x 27” kitchen, cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb comb needs to be sturdy and at least 8” long, no pocket combs or picks please
- 1 metal nail file or clipper emery boards or toenail clippers please
- 1 bath size soap 3 oz. and larger sizes only, do not remove from original packaging
- 1 toothbrush adult size only, do not remove from original packaging
- 6 adhesive bandages ¾” to 1 “ size
- 1 plastic bag one gallon size sealable bags only
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
- Set the $1.00 for toothpaste aside to be included in a separate envelope.
- Lay out the hand towel flat on a table.
- Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel.
- Place all remaining items on top of the wash cloth.
- Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items.
- Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items.
- Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly.
- Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items as they will be considered used.
- Please remove all packaging. Except for soap and toothbrush.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items – nothing more.
- DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.